Originally Posted By: antimafia
Sonny:

If you go through the news articles about Gallo's pending deportation, you will indeed read that Gallo realized that deportation was inevitable and that he would not fight it. But his lawyer(s) filed a motion, five days after he left Canada, to return. One can't dispute the facts: Gallo completely changed his tune, and who knows whether this was his plan all along?

I also think that Gallo wants to return to Canada. But I also think that he took the opportunity to leave Canada for Italy for his own safety. With opportunity I mean that he might have used his deportation case as an excuse to leave Canada in order to not lose face. His lawyer filling the motion to return might or might not be for the same reason.

Quote:
How close was Arcuri Sr.'s relationship with Sciara? Arcuri Sr. seems to have had no problem being given Ital Gelati through the largesse of Nick Rizzuto Sr.

Criminals are an opportunistic breed. He might have accepted the spoils for his own benefit, while being resentful at the same time.

It is still difficult for me to ingore the stricking similarity between Rocco Violi's murder and that of Rizzuto, Sr.

Quote:
Will Vito himself, according to tradition, seek out and kill the gunmen who killed Nick Jr., Paolo Renda, and Nick Sr.? I honestly don't think Vito will have the opportunity because I don't see him surviving very long after he gets out of prison.

I agree that Vito will be marked when he gets out. I have no doubt that some will try to have him killed the moment he sets foot in Montreal. Whether they will succeed we may find out in the coming months.

I try to look at it from a logical standpoint: if Vito is as smart as I think he is, he will try his best to protect himself. If he surrounds himself with bodyguards, I don't see his rivals being able to get close to him easily. This is not a Chuck Norris movie. Even one bodyguard can make it quite difficult to kill a target. Just look at Raynald Desjardins' failed murder attempt.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."