Jeez!

Tony Scott, Director of 'Top Gun,' Dies in Apparent Suicide
Quote:
Published: August 19, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

Director Tony Scott died in an apparent suicide Sunday by jumping off the Vincent Thomas Bridge near Long Beach, Calif. He was 68.

Los Angeles County Coroner Lt. Joe Bell told TheWrap that investigators had identified the deceased, Anthony David Scott of Beverly Hills, as the director and producer. The British-born "Top Gun" and "Crimson Tide" director was also the brother and producing partner of director Ridley Scott.

The U.S. Coast Guard told The Daily Breeze that a suicide note was found inside Scott's black Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge. Officials said that Scott climbed a fence on the south side of the bridge's apex and leapt off "without hesitation" around 12:30 p.m., according to The Breeze.

His body was recovered after the jump, said Bell.

Tony Scott's most recent movies were "Unstoppable" and "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3," both of which starred Denzel Washington.

He also was a producer of his brother's recent "Prometheus" and was exploring a possiblesequel to "Top Gun."

The Scott brothers' company is Scott Free Productions, and Tony Scott has nearly 50 producing credits in his career, including the TV series "The Good Wife" and the Liam Neeson thriller "The Grey."

The Vincent Thomas Bridge is a suspension bridge over Los Angeles Harbor that links San Pedro with Terminal Island. It appears frequently in films and television.

Scott is married to Donna Scott, with whom he has two children.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations