Originally Posted By: Mark
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
GrandAve or Mark..How is that lined up having two baseball teams in your state. I mean here in PA Pittsburgh is a 5 hours drive from Philly. Are they teams spread apart like that? I'm not familiar with Chicago,never have been there, but would like to take a trip up there to check it out.

Good question, DNM. For many Chicagoans it is a lot about family legacy and/or which neighborhood you live in or was raised in. Basically, US Cellular Field is on the south side in the Bridgeport neighborhood and Wrigley Field is about 10 miles north in the Lake View/Wrigleyville neighborhood. My parents lived in the Little Italy (University Village) neigborhoods until they moved us out to the south west suburbs. Much of the family landed in Cicero. Personally, I am a Sox fan BUT I do like the Cubs as well as all the other Windy City teams. However, when they play each other - it's as clear as black & white! Go Sox! smile

Same here, my grandpa (ma's side) grew up off Taylor (near west side), moved to Berwyn and then River Grove. My dad's family was from Glencoe, which is north shore of the lake. I grew up in Elmwood Park, but live downtown now. The majority of my family are Cubs fans, regardless of where they're from. Hell, some live in Bridgeport which is where the sox play.

I'm not one of those Cubs fans that trashes the sox either. I rooted for them in '05 when they won. Hell it was nice to see the trophy return to Chicago regardless. But I'm telling you, if the Cubbies ever win it, the celebration will probably shut down the whole city for about a month lol.