Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: GrandAve
Thats a tough one man. Those sicilians love bombing, so our guys in the states would pretty much have to walk everywhere to be safe lol. On the other hand, the American guys had more cash, more power (dare I say because sicily is the size of what, Massachusetts?) I think if Chicago teamed up with any of the "big three" in NY (genovese, gambino, lucchese) they could wipe sicily off the map. And I mean Palermo, Corleone, etc.)
maybe, and i'm not sure, that was true in years past but today its not even close. the sicilians have around 5,000 made men with close to 50,000 associates while lcn has maybe 1,000 made men with maybe 6,000-8,000 associates so they are severly outmatched both in terms of manpower and sheer brutality.

nobody seems off limits in italy as police and politicians are fair game to be murdered and that is almost unheard of in america. its hard to get an exact figure when it comes to money, but my guess would be that the sicilians make alot more. they are heavily involved in wholesale narcotics distribution, while lcn just seem to dabble as middlemen. also, the sicilians seem to be alot more of a global criminal syndicate with operations all over europe, north and south america while lcn doesnt seem to do much outside america than a few offshore wire rooms.

Well yeah today it would be no contest, but during the Riina days (late 70s/80s) I think we'd take them. Think about it, the outfit literally controlled Chicago (a town of roughly 3 million), and any one of the five families could pretty much shut down NY (what, 7 million or something?) with work stoppages, crooked politicians, corrupt cops, etc.. That's power. I'll say that Riina was probably more ruthless, but the same could be said about douche bags like al qaeda. Doesn't mean we don't kick their dicks into the dirt a lot more than they do to us. Who knows? I'd pay to see a war between American LCN and Sicily. I bet N'Drangheta wouldn't mind seeing that either lol.