Vietnam Vet murdered trying to protect grandchildren

John Villneff gave his life for his granddaughter’s.
The 62-year-old veteran and two-time Purple Heart recipient was shot twice Wednesday night as a robbery turned deadly on Detroit’s west side, his family said.

The robbers had broken into Villneff’s daughter’s home next door to his on Rutland about 11 p.m. The granddaughter was one of several people at the home and ran to Villneff’s house as the robbers chased her because she was taking pictures of them. The family gave the photos to police, family members said.

Villneff’s daughter, Melissa, said her father was shot in the heart and back as he tried to protect the girl.

“He jumped in front of my niece because they were trying to kill her because she was taking pictures of them,” Melissa Villneff said this morning. elissa Villneff was leaving the Tigers game Wednesday night when her father called to say her house was being broken into, she said.

His son, Michael, 37, said his father called him to say he'd been shot and was dying. "I didn't get the chance to say that I loved him," Michael Villneff said...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.