Okay, had a little seafood feast tonight. Tilapia, stuffed clams, (the latter two frozen, from a farmers market vendor from North Jersey), fresh steamed clams & mussels, and a couple pan-seared fresh day-boat scallops (because of this thread). smile

STEAMED CLAMS/MUSSELS

Made this last week for family, used 2 jars Cento clam broth for the first time, instead of water -- nice flavor! White wine, butter, sauteed garlic (not enough!), some chopped basil (my parsley never exploded for some reason in the garden), salt and pepper. Saved the broth, and did the same a few days later -- added more garlic, but still not enough! Kinda salty now as it's reduced, but will water it down next time (it's now in the freezer). I think that "mother" sauce will go a long way. lol cool

Steamed in a 2-part pasta pot, then the juice was poured on top. Thinking of adding a little fresh-squeezed tomato juice next time, since one of my favorite childhood restaurant recipes added diced tomatoes to it, but I can't go that far I don't think. wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations