Originally Posted By: olivant
Okay TIS, get ready!

By NBC News wire services

(UPATED 1:39 p.m. Eastern) RICHMOND, Calif. -- Analysts say a fire at one of the country's biggest oil refineries will contribute to higher prices at the pump on the West Coast.

The fire at the Chevron refinery in Richmond, about 10 miles northeast of San Francisco, broke out Monday evening. Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at Oil Price Information Service, says Chevron's refinery is big and important to the market.

With inventories of gasoline in the region already low compared with the rest of the country, Kloza says pump prices in California and elsewhere on the West Coast will soon average more than $4 per gallon.

Thanks for the good news Oli. lol I hadn't heard of the Richmond fire. All I can say is I am glad I am not working anymore or I'd be paying an arm & a leg with a 60 mile daily round trip.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon