Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
I can't wait for the RANC here in Tampa at the end of the month.

I'll be voting Republican up and down the ticket now and for years to come. And I'm in a swing state too.

Can't believe you people are talking about the election. Almost everyone's mind is made up. Makes no sense obsessing over it.

Your in Florida right?

Take this from somebody who has worked with politicians in DC from BOTH sides of the aisle. Dont vote for any more Tea Partiers, you will be doing this country a favor. I would hope you vote on the individual candidate as opposed to just blankly voting Republican.

Unfortunately, it wont matter much in the grander scheme of things who wins the election. Our so called "recovery" is extremely fragile and becomes more globalized every single day and thus any major negative economic event in Europe, Greece, Middle East, China wipes out hundreds of billions of dollars in wealth in a matter of seconds. IMO, we still havent bottomed out and the economy hasnt found "equilibrium" (to use an economic term) in terms of the housing market. Until that happens, we wont see a true recovery.

Our country needs a leader with a bold vision and some new innovative ideas ala a modern-day FDR. We dont have that candidate, and thus I will be voting for Obama because our country cannot afford to have more years of trickle-down economic policies that have historically been a disaster.

Hopefully, he learned some key lessons from his first term and grows a pair of balls and pushes to implement reforms as soon as possible with the help of the GOP who have been unwilling to compromise all these years.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 08/06/12 08:42 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.