Thanks guys so much!! Sicilian Babe, thank you for pulling that up. That's very easy for me to make. I have made numerous varieties of pastas but nothing overly complicated. I've made homemade pesto, alfredo, garlic and olive oil, pasta with ricotta cheese. And thankfully, my husband doesn't want to eat pasta everyday before main course, like his parents do. When he eats it, it's his main dish.

Also, a lot of great advice Mark, FF, and Geoff. One year my mother made me a complete recipe book compiled of all our family recipes. Czech and Polish dishes coming from her side and Italian dishes coming from my dad's side. She even put a pic of each dish next to the recipe. You'd think I'd have pulled that book out? Not yet. lol
She has gotten me subscription to Home Cooking magazine and Rachael Ray's magazine. I do read them every month, but it ends there.
And Geoff...I totally LOVE all the Food Network shows...Chopped, Restaurant Impossible, I watch them all. So what's my problem? I have no idea. I enjoy watching them, but just don't have the initiative to try anything on my own.
But that's all about to change, thanks to this thread here!! grin

There have been a lot of great recipes here posted by all of you and some relatively easy.

Great advice about doing all the prep ahead of time. Now that I know I'd do, because I'm very very organized and couldn't do it any other way.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted. But don't rush me now. grin smile

Last edited by carmela; 07/29/12 05:08 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.