Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I agree with you, it is frustrating. In terms of the death penalty or a guy being sent to jail for X number of years and then after the fact the guy gets the death penalty or spends tons of years in jail you find out he was right and didnt commit the crime and was wrongly convicted or got the death penalty, THAT pisses me off. That's why I dont support the death penalty just willy nilly (and plus its actually MORE expensive to give somebody the death penalty than to give them life because of all the appeals and lawyer fees - thats the fiscal conservative in me) lol

As much as you may like to focus on them, just in terms of sheer numbers, the guys who end up being proven innocent years later are few and far between. Almost so small, as a percentage, to not even register.

And, as I've said over and over again, that it's more expensive to execute someone is a reason to completely overhaul the process. Streamline it and make it much quicker. Not a reason to do away with the death penalty.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.