Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

I never said (didnt say anything) that I dont support the maximum penalty for these guys or others who commit similarly horrific crimes. I support throwing the book at them and let me get a good crack at them as well. I was just agreeing on the point that conservatives always have to attack liberals with all these hateful and disgusting language, that doesnt help create a positive atmosphere for people to sit down and discuss their differences.

In that South Africa case, the court and BOTH parties oppose the death penalty. Just in case anybody glazed over that point (I did at first).

Because it's liberal idealism that often keeps justice from being done in cases like this. That's what's so frustrating. Not just that atrocities like this happen. But that true justice can't be meted out because it would offend the delicate sensibilities of some misguided liberal.

I agree with you, it is frustrating. In terms of the death penalty or a guy being sent to jail for X number of years and then after the fact the guy gets the death penalty or spends tons of years in jail you find out he was right and didnt commit the crime and was wrongly convicted or got the death penalty, THAT pisses me off. That's why I dont support the death penalty just willy nilly (and plus its actually MORE expensive to give somebody the death penalty than to give them life because of all the appeals and lawyer fees - thats the fiscal conservative in me) lol

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.