Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i'm not liberal or conservative, but put political views aside for a moment and look at the story ivy posted. imagine that the victims were your family or close friends. how would you feel if someone commited an act like that and had a chance to one day be free again? it would suck out your life blood and crush you. certain crimes are so horrible that the people who commit them need to die, end of story. they should die in the same manner in which they killed thier victims but that's unlikely to happen so i'm okay with them just being executed with current means but it needs to happen, and happen quick. none of this 20 years on death row bullshit. people often say revenge isn't the answer and that can be true, but not in cases like these!

I never said (didnt say anything) that I dont support the maximum penalty for these guys or others who commit similarly horrific crimes. I support throwing the book at them and let me get a good crack at them as well. I was just agreeing on the point that conservatives always have to attack liberals with all these hateful and disgusting language, that doesnt help create a positive atmosphere for people to sit down and discuss their differences.

In that South Africa case, the court and BOTH parties oppose the death penalty. Just in case anybody glazed over that point (I did at first).

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/27/12 09:51 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.