lol SC grin

Ok, being that he's born and raised in Sicily, he naturally likes those dishes. But being in the US for 19 years now, he has come to like many american dishes as well.
I usually take a lot of leftovers home (they make extra cause I'm pathetic) from my mom's and my mother in law's when they make things. Now my in-laws are officially moving back to Sicily so I'll have to pick up the slack there. grin
Anyway, I'm 40 years old, going on 16 years of marriage and I haven't even made a pot of sauce. I do simple things that any idiot can do, like chicken cutlet or meatloaf. The thing is I don't have an ounce of passion for cooking, it's more of a chore for me. But it's time to learn now.

I'm going to ask him as soon as he comes home tonight, what would be the one thing he'd like me to make and I'll post his answer here.
He loves tripe, but in the white sauce, not red, and my mother-in-law makes that for him..but again..she's leaving. lol
He loves any meats, osso bucco, veal with peppercorn sauce, steak, lamb. He likes most things really..he just wants me to make something! lol

The other night, I announced I was going to buy a deep fryer and start making riceballs. He asked, "And what are you going to do with the leftover oil?" I said, "Pour it down the drain?" He immediately vetoed my deep fryer purchase. frown

Anyway, I'll post what he says he'd like for me to make and we'll go from there. I need simple, don't forget. And thank you in advance for anyone's help. smile

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.