IT

Well, I finished it. The longest book I've ever read and just a tad over a month. It took some determination to accomplish. I'd be lying if I said it was an easy read. I almost gave up after the first few chapters. Overall, I prefer the mini-series to this one. I liked the way the story was presented in that one. The first part is them mostly as children whereas the second part is them as adults. The novel, it's run parallel throughout and I wasn't a big fan of that. Not to mention it got too weird at the end when they were adults taking on It again. And I felt the chapters were too long. The book's 1,138 pages long and it's only 23 chapters with 5 Interludes. At times, I had to split the chapters up and read some of it then finish it another time, which I don't like doing either. I'd rather just finish it all in one sitting but sometimes that just wasn't possible. However, I did enjoy the novel for one reason: it was more descriptive and gruesome than the mini-series since that was made for TV. Overall, I'm not sorry I read it but it wasn't as good as I was hoping. Honestly, I'm glad to be done with it now. I recently got THE STAND for my birthday, but I don't have the energy to read it anytime soon (and yes, it's longer than IT by 14 pages).