Here's a story I don't remember if it was in Murder Machine, it's been years since I read that rag and I never looked back . Regardless as my grandfather tells it Richie DiNome (Freddys brother) actually tried to hit Castellano . Problem is the people who asked him to do it were setting him up while at the same time hoping he'd actually get him . So richie shows up at Pauls place and before he could get a shot off got lit up by Pauls body guards. He stumbled out in the street wearing and he was wearing an NYPD TSHIRT (given to him by my uncle) and before Pauls crew could go out and finish him someone noticed the NYPD shirt and started screaming "cop shot cop shot" so within minutes the cops rolled up and they were unable to finish him off . It's believed that this is in fact what got him killed , and not Castellanos people either it was the people who asked him to hit Paul for fear that he would have given them up. Richie was a tough mother fucker he got shot like 15 times and still made it out of there alive. Oh and the story about him shooting himself in the hand when he was putting a silencer on a gun isn't completely accurate , what is left out is that he was basically playing tug o war with the gun because the person he was with told him he was putting it on wrong and went to grab it from him and Richie realized that person didn't know what he was doing so he grabs the gun back silencer first while the other meathead accidentally pulled the trigger, both were drunk I am told . I've also heard stories about would be crew members accidentally catching a bullet because these guys were drunk or high and playing Taxi Driver with a loaded gun with a hair trigger . Richie had a heart of gold , and he just wanted to be a part of what his brothers were doing . It's sad especially if you knew how they grew up .