Originally Posted By: Camarel
[quote=DiNome1978][quote=Camarel][quote=DiNome1978][quote=GaryH]

That's the point they don't just prey on those people. They make people gambling addicts ( like my step Brother ) drug addicts ( like 2 of my cousins who are brothers ). I'm not making excuses for them just pointing out how these people can ruin you're life without mentioning Demeo.

These guys were known all over the East Coast as a Crew not to be fucked with , so much that the toughest crews were afraid to get involved with them . If Castelllano didn't get his own crew to whack him Roy would have been running that family eventually . No one else had the balls to try and kill one of them . That said , with that reputation which was known by civilians and mobsters alike why would you even think about borrowing money, placing bets, or getting drugs fronted to you by any of them . Honestly , especially when there were other crews that would just rough you up for late payments because they eventually wanted their money . That's the one thing I never got about gangsters , someone owes you a hundred K and you kill him ? How stupid is that ? Now there is no way you're getting the cash . I alsO would not say they created the druggies, gambling addicts, etc . They took advantage of a clientele that unfortunately for society is endless. One thing I will say that really sucked was for the people who intentionally avoided borrowing money from them for fear of the consequences , but indirectly ended up getting the money from them because whoever they'd borrow from borrowed from the Gemini crew . Or clients of people they whacked who's debts got inherited by the Gemini crew when they whacked the original debtor .