Originally Posted By: olivant
Just saw the History Channel's ad about the Godfather Legacy starting July 24. It appears to be a history of the film's production.

Wow, thanks for that!

According to their site:
Quote:
The Godfather Legacy
The Corleone crime family has touched millions of lives for more than four decades. From their origins in a pulp fiction novel by author Mario Puzo, the Corleones inspired one of the most important and enduring films in history. Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather not only broke box office records--it actually infiltrated the American conscience.

Narrated by Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos,) this special looks at how this groundbreaking 1972 film and its two sequels transcended Hollywood, transformed the American psyche, and even influenced real-life organized crime. Historians, scholars, law enforcement agents, and real-world Mafiosi explain how these powerful mobsters, with their moral ambiguity and human flaws, resonated with audiences and impacted popular culture.

Also features interviews with screenwriter/director Coppola, Al Pacino, James Caan, Joe Mantegna, Talia Shire, and others, along with an abundance of memorable scenes from the trilogy.

Apparently it's 2 hours long cool

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations