Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I'm still trying to switch to Linux. Tired of Windows. And still waiting until the end of the year when the iPad Mini gets released.

Took a computer science course my freshman year of college where we learned Linux. I didnt particularly like it back then (wasnt as user-friendly/too techy at the time) as I was used to Windows and didnt care about using another OS. But I remember Linux did have its benefits over other operating systems.

Now I am more interested in "techy" stuff like Linux, jailbreaking/rooting operating systems to install custom Roms as I recently installed Cyanogenmod 9 Ice Cream Sandwich for my HP Touchpad. I watched a video on youtube of a guy who showed step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

I have an Android phone, and 2 Android tablets. My tablets are rooted and I've installed custom Roms on them too. I hope to have a ported Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Rom on one by next week.

As for Windows 8, I give it credit for 1 thing. It boots up ridiculously fast. I haven't timed it but I'd day under 20 seconds.

Nice, I havent rooted my Android phone yet since I like how it is now and it is still under a warranty I got for it so I dont want to void that. I have been reading the tech forums and developers plan to bring Jelly Bean over to my HP Touchpad in the future so that should be good.

Did you know you can speed up your Windows 7 boot time by eliminating the Windows logo thing (GUI) during start-up? I did it and it can speed up your start-up anywhere from 4 to 8 seconds depending on the system. It is very easy to do. Here's the steps just in case:

http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/...uring-start-up/

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.