Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I'm still trying to switch to Linux. Tired of Windows. And still waiting until the end of the year when the iPad Mini gets released.

Took a computer science course my freshman year of college where we learned Linux. I didnt particularly like it back then (wasnt as user-friendly/too techy at the time) as I was used to Windows and didnt care about using another OS. But I remember Linux did have its benefits over other operating systems.

Now I am more interested in "techy" stuff like Linux, jailbreaking/rooting operating systems to install custom Roms as I recently installed Cyanogenmod 9 Ice Cream Sandwich for my HP Touchpad. I watched a video on youtube of a guy who showed step-by-step instructions on how to do it.

I have an Android phone, and 2 Android tablets. My tablets are rooted and I've installed custom Roms on them too. I hope to have a ported Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Rom on one by next week.

As for Windows 8, I give it credit for 1 thing. It boots up ridiculously fast. I haven't timed it but I'd day under 20 seconds.