Originally Posted By: Scorsese
It seems that albanians also have a history of feuding with black and hispanic gangs at a young age,this probably helped strengthen their ethnic loyalties and also develop the sort of gang mentality they have.
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/26/nyregi...=all&src=pm
Are there any albanian street gangs around?

With regards to Albanian street gangs in USA, obviously these are concentrated around the New York area where there are several hundred thousand Albanians. More specifically, there are a lot in the Bronx, living in not dissimilar areas to the Italians or at least where they used to live.
Probably the most well known street gang was/is the young guys who make up ABI - Albanian Boys Inc.
Pretty gay name and mostly its just kids looking for bravado but many join OC later on. Guys like the Krasniqi bros. used to be members for example.

Albania. It's a fascinating country. I have some good friends from there and one of my previous girlfriends also, but they also have some of the craziest individuals. For example, compared to the average Western male I live by macho values, but many of the poorer Albanians and most of Kosovo are like the mountain tribes in Afghanistan. Crazy like Chechens.
With such a mentality you can forget the 'projects' of NYC, these guys are from another planet...