Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Originally Posted By: Vpresti
Saverio "Sibby" Maimone (2003) was my grandfather....I would love to get any info I can on him....he hid that part of his life from most of us. I get stories from uncles, but would love to learn more. Please feel free to email me.

There was a case against him a year after Apalachin.

http://ny.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19591116_0046938.NY.htm/qx

The FBI had a page on him from MAFIA: United States Treasury Department of Narcotics. I don't have a scanner so you'll have to order the book online. The gist of it is your grandfather was a partner of 'John Ormento' and 'Salvatore Giordano'. The law often recorded him hanging out in produce shops, some of which he owned. Some of his charges (1993 - 1959) were robbery, assault and robbery, and hijacking. In 1959 he was convicted of Narcotics laws, and at that point he was probably at the height of his power. Through his connections at the Brooklyn waterfront, he was receiving huge shipments of smuggled narcotics, and his pipeline went from Brooklyn to Boston, Washington (doesn't specify) and Philly. You'll probably want to order the book though, there's mentions of his relatives, etc.

Barrettt nice post is that a monthly publication, of different events of the past related to OC?? Or are they selling individual books on top of it??

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."