Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Regarding Lucky7´s post, I don´t see any solid arguments backing up his claim. It seems to me that he is mostly rambling. I understand that he is expressing his opinion which is fine, but hopefully there was somebody overthere who challanged his assertions.

SC is right. Back then Gigante had a reputation of somebody who had been hit too many times on the chin. I guess as a former boxer, and not a very good one, contributed to this reputation.
Don´t get me wrong though. As a boss, he seems to have been as smart and clever as any other boss throughout Mafia history.

You pretty much said it. It's fine for pic/lucky7 to express his opinion. Though I'm not sure how he could really know that Chin missing was intentional. But, in any event, the problem comes that some people take what he says as gospel, and eventually, it's taken as fact that Chin really did intend to miss because, well, pic said so.

In my opinion, it's very unlikely that there was any intention to just "graze" Costello. How realistic is that? I think Chin had every intention of blowing Costello away.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/01/12 06:35 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.