Originally Posted By: Ted
I've heard conflicting reports on whether the Nicky Skins tapes can be used. Most sources says they will be used, but I also read that the only recordings that be used without Nicky testifying are the ones where the FBI documented the time/date and have surveillance photos of.

Either way, the tapes become a little weaker without Nicky testifying. Philly guys got a little (much needed) break.

Well, I dont consider it a "break" when the Philly guys have their own voices on tape which is the situation with Licata, Ligambi, Fazzini, and im sure some other tapes the feds have yet to release. From the tapes that have been released, they are pretty self-explanatory with mentions of murder (Gongs) and making ceremonies. You dont need Skins testifying to corroborate that, just put past defectors like Caprio, Milano, and Bent Finger Lou on the stand.

Regardless, these guys have a big hill to climb if they think they have a shot at beating this case.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.