New Jersey woman sues Little League player after she was hit by ball
Quote:
Source: NewsCore

MANCHESTER, N.J. -- A New Jersey woman is suing a Little League baseball player for injuries caused after she was hit by an errant throw two years ago.

Elizabeth Lloyd is seeking at least $150,000 in damages [other sources say $500,000] after suffering "severe, painful and permanent personal injuries" when she was hit in the face by a ball at the baseball field in Manchester Township, myFOXla.com reported.

Catcher Matthew Migliaccio, who was 11 at the time of the incident in 2010, was warming up before a game and overthrew a ball to one of his team's pitchers.

Lloyd was seated at a picnic table close to the bullpen when she was hit. At the time, Migliaccio checked if she was hurt, and she reportedly said, "I'm fine."

Attorney Joey Jackson said that there is a legal doctrine known as "assumption of risk."

"It means that when you go to a baseball field, you have to be alert, you have to be aware and you have to take precautions so that you don't get hit ... If she was aware and alert, she wouldn't have been hit. Don't sue this little child," he told "FOX and Friends."

The lawsuit claims Migliaccio "intentionally and/or recklessly struck, assaulted and battered" Lloyd.

But the boy's father said the Little League should have resolved the issue.

Just heard about this now; it happened just 10 minutes away from here. I think she's just looking for insurance payments. It'd be quite ridiculous to actually expect half a million dollars from a 13-year old.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations