@IvyLeague, That's not the case at all. If you take a look at any studies, it'd tell you that Capital Punishment is not a deterrent against crimes, in fact it's more motivation to do crimes (it sounds far fetched, I know, but it in almost all cases is the truth). People are willing to die for a crime they commit rather than spend either life or nearly all their life in a 6x6 cold, damp, scary jail cell with the possibility of being hurt both physically (through rape - Surprisingly a recent study has come out and said that more men are being raped because of them being in prison than women over all) or emotionally. I know I'd rather face death than being in a jail cell for twenty years or what have you, the emotional toll is overwhelming. People go insane when they're placed in solitary confinement (another thing I'm against) as it's cruel and unusual punishment.

Justice is retribution. Revenge. You did something bad so we're going to equally do something bad to you but we're allowed to because we're the law. How messed up does that sound? Very.

Prison doesn't work for the most part, anyway. There's only two ways people leave jail: completely rehabilitated from their previous crimes and/or worse when they entered. Most of the time it's the latter.

Also, I'm sure you'll be upset to hear that your Supreme Court (?) has just announced that states may not impose on juvenile murderers mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole. I don't want to put words/ideas into your mouth but from what you've previously mentioned I assume you are against this ruling, Ivy?