This may surprise some people here but here's my take on the whole immigration thing...

On one hand, a sovereign nation has to be able to protect it's own borders. On the other hand, as cliche as it sounds, "real immigration reform" needs to happen. It takes people, who are trying to go through the proper channels, too long.

As for those who came here illegally. I'm not interested in shipping them back. Especially if it meant breaking up families. I see a lot of these people and they work their fingers to the bone, doing crappy jobs, for bum pay, and are just trying to make it. I'm fine with there being some way for them to stay. And, of course, the more they are willing to assimilate into mainstream American culture, the better.

Now that said, here's the flip side of the coin. I think any illegal immigrant, wherever they are from, who comes here simply to rob, rape, run drugs, or whatever should do a heavy prison stint and then be deported. And if they come back, they should be executed.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.