@IvyLeague, I hope you're not suggesting Capital Punishment for murderers. Put any emotional reasoning aside and you'll soon realize there's more cons than pros for Capital Punishment. First and foremost (assuming that we as a society care for money more than human life), it costs more to murder someone in form of Capital Punishment than it does to keep them in jail for whole duration of the punishment. Secondly, if Capital Punishment was around (currently it's not in Canada) I'd expect the Prime Minister, his cabinet, and the Judge who sentenced the person to death to apologize nationally to the person's family if it came out that the person was indeed not guilty of the crime but had been murdered before it was found out.

That's what happens with Capital Punishment - innocent people die. I don't think anyone could live with themselves knowing they killed an innocent person.

As for parole to murderers, people mess up. We're only humans. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rationalize murder here but I'd like to think that people can change over the course of nearly thirty years. Do people not deserve a second chance at life? I'd like to think so.

I'll take the Liberal jest with a grain of salt, I'll assume you were not speaking to me but anyone in general.

Last edited by Antimacy; 06/24/12 09:47 AM.