11/22/63

Only my second Stephen King book that I've read with THE SHINING being the first. I was very excited when I began reading this and by chapter 2 it had me hooked! I was originally on vacation when I started it, but I made sure to try my best to read at least a chapter every day that I could.

I agree with some here who have said that the middle tends to drag and somethings could have been shortened/cut out. I wish more time and chapters would have focused more on JFK and Lee Harvey but the last few chapters seemed to have made up for it.

Another complaint that I'd heard and I can kind of agree with, is that this book is more of a time-travel and love story rather than trying to prevent the JFK assassination. Still, the concept was quite interesting and as I eluded to, it was interesting to see how changing the past could effect the future.

Overall I was pleased with the book. Early on when King was describing Jake Epping's surroundings, I swear I felt as if I was there with him (and I was nowhere near the 1950s/1960s). King does a FANTASTIC job at recreating the world and all of the nostalgia. I know for those readers who were alive during this time period that King's use of words seems to be spot on.

My next venture is to tackle the longest book that I would have ever read: Stephen King's IT!