Politicians are hypocrites who will say and do anything to get or stay elected. That said it is sadly humorous to see the President create an effective change in law thru " prosecutorial discretion" when previously he had said he could not legally do that while Romney, who just a few months back was talking smack about how he would veto the Dream Act, suddenly can't be bothered to take a definitive stand against the President's administrative implementation of much of the substance of the Dream Act.

Romney's weak response to something which is toxic to the much of the conservative base is not something which will get those hardliner voters out-unless they are willing to hold their nose just to vote against the President. Some will, but others are making noises that they may not.

http://www.examiner.com/article/predicti...ion-enforcement

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/303036/romney-screws-pooch-immigration-mark-krikorian

The other thing is that the President's move pulled the carpet out from under Senator Rubio's proposed legislation and may have reduced if not eliminated Rubio's value to Romney as a running mate. I don't think Rubio endeared himself to the base by saying he would have entered the country illegally if he felt it necessary.

I wish I could say it's my insight but numerous people have pointed out how passing strange it is that in some respects both parties have switched their usual tactics/talking points this year. The Democrats would love to talk about "social issues" and national security while the Republicans would like to stay focused on the economy.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.