Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
I wouldn't consider them to be an apt comparison. DeNiro and Pacino were stars who were also widely respected actors, and their problem these days is that their feature film acting careers are secondary for their interests. DeNiro is busy producing movies and his Tribeca film festival and Pacino is off playing theatre. Trust me you think any filmmaker, established and new, would turn them down? Ridiculous. I think they're at the Marlon Brando stage where working movies are now a hobby, not the profession.

Mmm...I don't know. If that were true, you'd think both DeNiro and Pacino would be more selective in the roles they've accepted over the pasts 15 years or so. As they've gotten older, I don't think they've been as appreciated as before. And so not as used by the industry.

Quote:
Oldman, as loved and admired as he is, was never a star. At best a name, but not a star. Not his fault or anybody's really I suppose, it's just boils down to luck and timing. Also he's still working the movies for a living, hell he just signed up for the ROBOCOP remake.

Of course, I don't have to say that star power should have nothing to do with whether an actor wins an Academy Award or not.

Quote:
NO COUNTRY I'll always remember for having one of the more fascinating screening crowd reactions I've been to. When that particular plot turn happens, the movie lost half the audience, and the other half were split 50/50 between those hoping for some sort of payoff and the rest were digging this.

Then when the movie suddenly cuts to black, some guy in the back yelled "That's it?!?"

The moron probably said the same thing at the end of The Grey.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.