Originally Posted By: southphilly old head
its a motion that Ligambis lawyer filed this past January and came up for the discussion on friday at a motions hearing http://articles.philly.com/2012-01-10/ne...ense-indictment

This is a pretty good counterargument by the feds, and given the new evidence of mob meetings with the gambinos attended by ligambi and co that was brought to light by the nicky skins tapes then i think the feds argument would be further strengthened.

"Prosecutors are expected to argue that all the charges detailed in the indictment are tied to a criminal enterprise headed by Ligambi.

Two codefendants, Joseph Massimino, 61, and Anthony Staino, 54, have been identified as part of the organization's ruling hierarchy. Massimino is the alleged family underboss.

Staino, according to the indictment, bragged in a conversation secretly recorded by an FBI agent working undercover that he was the "CFO" (chief financial officer) of the crime family and a member of its "board of directors."

Those conversations and others, in which codefendants identified Ligambi as the boss of the family and said the money being generated went to "Uncle Joe," are expected to be cited by prosecutors in countering Jacobs' assertions."

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.