made semi-homemade pizza last night. used dough from on of those tubular cans,polly-o riccota, pre-shredded mutz as my mediterranean friends call it, and grated cheese in a can, not kraft but still in a damn can:( before i get torn apart here let me explain: one of the vocal points of good italian cooking is making do with what you have available, correct? well imo that hold true if your a poor peasant scraping together a living in the hills of sicily or a loud mouth punk from new jersey trying to do your best with pre-packeged and preseved crap! now that ive got that outta the way i made a white pie. i pre baked the dough as per instructions and set it aside. i sliced about 3 large garlic cloves "goodfellas" style and lightly cokked them in about 3 tlbs of good evoo with a little salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. it seems these days that it isnt so much as which dishes to add the crushed pepper to, but which ones not to as i love it! a tip that ive been using whenever i make any kind of dish involving any sort of garlic and oil combo is to add the garlic to the oil in the pan when the oil is cold and bring the temp up gradually. this seems to infuse the oil a little better while giving you more control which helps prevent burning as im sure most people on here agree is a sure fire way to ruin a dish quick. after the garlic just started to brown slightly it was shut off, cooled and brushed liberally on the dough, reserving a small amount to sautee the brocoli in. while the brocoli was working i plopped down a few random dabs of the ricotta and added some of the mozz and parm cheeses. added the semi cooked brocoli, a touch of dried oregano and a few grinds of fresh black pepper and sent that pizza to hell in a hot oven for 10 minutes on a sheet pan. when it was done i was shocked at how good it was! perfectly balanced and seasoned:) seeing as how good it was got me a little pissed as it could have been great with the proper ingredients and a pizza stone but i was damn pround of myself regardless.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!