Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Being from the East Coast, I just can't imagine living like that -- well, for me, it'd be like living in fear; tho I do guess you get used to living in fear out there. wink

When Virginia had that little quake last year -- which I felt here, and was like "WTF"?? even this far away -- I can't imagine. Cuz otherwise I'd LOVE to live in Cally (if they had good Italian food)... tongue wink

Geoff,

You DO get use to it. I've been here now for 32 years and there hasn't been a major quake in SoCal that affected me. BUT, I Do think about it sometimes because unlike a Tornado or Hurricane, there is NO warning and really no place to go if there is one. frown

As for the Italian food, NOTHING compares to the Italian food in NYC. CA, IMHO, doesn't hold a candle to NYC when it comes to Italian food. Not to say there are NO good Italian restaurants here, but I know NYC/East is much better.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon