Originally Posted By: goombah
I'm looking forward to Father's Day. We are planning a trip to the Indians game - our first of the season. There is something magical about baseball between a dad and his kids. My youngest, our 6 yr old son, is playing coach pitch ball this year. I am an asst. coach and loving it. My little guy's enthusiasm is contagious.

He also began watching "Field of Dreams" about two weeks ago. That ending scene with Costner & his father playing catch was even better watching it alongside my boy.

I remember you spending Father's Day a few years ago at the ballpark, goombah. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Father's Day.

I agree with you about the magic of that scene where costner's playing catch with his dad. There's something quasi-spiritual about a simple quiet game of catch, especially when shared between family members of different generations. There's a mesmerising rhythm to the give and take of it all.

I remember coming home from work after stressful days, and after playing catch with my boys in the yard or ball field, the tension from the day would vanish.