Originally put this in Music/news but wasn't quite sure where it fit so put it here in Random. confused

A couple months ago I heard that singer Glen Campbell had Alzheimer's Disease. This particular disease just makes me so sad. frown He was being interviewed and was going to do one last tour and/or concert. He said he hadn't noticed anything different BUT he kept on saying that throughout the interview apparently not realizing how many times he said it. frown

Anyway, a couple days ago, I read that 60's pop idol, Bobby Vee also had Alzheimer's (or dementia, one of the two). I had a friend in High School who just LOVED Bobby Vee. Even thru the British Invasion, Bobby Vee was her idol. He is in his 60's.

I have had a couple relatives with the disease and it is heartbreaking. Truth be told (and although not officially diagnosed), I was confident that my own mother who passed last month had definite signs of the disease.

I guess I just want to express how awful this disease is. Such a undignified, demeaning way to go.

Thanks for letting me say my piece.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon