Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Sundance channel is airing a movie about Motown and the musicians who were the background for the Detroit sound. They called them "The Funk Brothers." So far, interesting. Lots & lots of great Motown songs. Can't help but tap your feet. smile

A special shout-out to my fellow Michigander friend, Lilo, whom I am SURE knows this group/story. Check it out. I found the trailer to the film here:
TIS

Thanks TIS. Yes that is a great story-both the movie and the larger real life story it's based on. A lot of those guys (most of them actually) didn't get all the credit -financial or musical- that they were entitled to receive. It was a very big deal when Marvin Gaye broke with tradition and insisted on listing them on one of his albums.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.