Love Seger & loved Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels too. Yet, as I understand it, they were, though definitely from Detroit, not necessarily considered Motown. Even Stevie Wonder, whom I heard in a radio interview, say he told Barry Gordie he wanted to do his own sound and not necessarily sound "Motown." Yet, we tend to call it ALL Motown (tho the Detroit sound is good too). It's all good music IMHO

I'll tell ya growing up as a teenager in Michigan right at that time, was the perfect age to appreciate and enjoy Michigan,'s own sound. We all were so proud. smile

I guess, for me, if I had to pick a favorite Motown group, I might go with the Four Tops. Then there's the Temptations, and how about Smokey Robinson & the Miracles? Then of course you have Stevie, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes... and the beat goes on and on. Nice memories. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon