Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Lucibello was smart asking for a hip replacement, then withdrawing his guilty plea. That gave a scope to the family of what kind of time the feds think they should serve. They're probably pissed, they fell for that, I forget the specifics, but that little stunt was pretty clever I thought. Like I've said on here before I don't follow NYC as close as Phila, but in January when they rounded up the upper echelon of the Bonnanos, those guys got really light sentences,( 2 years)I guess what I'm trying to say is I see a possibility of some of them walking...

That plea was pre-Skins and the superseeding indictment which affects guys like Ligambi with the no show job.

"Gaeton Lucibello withdrew his guilty plea to racketeering charges, rejecting a government plea deal that called for a 63-month sentence in the case.
During a brief hearing before Judge Eduardo Robreno, Lucibello, 59, turned down a deal he had signed off on earlier this month.
The signed plea agreement was the basis for Tuesday's hearing. Lucibello is one of a dozen reputed mob figures charged in an indictment handed up in May.
Reputed mob boss Joseph Ligambi, underboss Joseph "Mousie" Massimino, and several other mob soldiers are also defendants in the case.
Like Lucibello, they all have been charged with a racketeering conspiracy involving gambling, loan-sharking, and extortion enterprises.
In a comment that may not bode well for the defendants, Robreno said "it is unlikely" he would have accepted the plea deal worked out between prosecutors and Ligambi's court-appointed attorney, Caroline Cinquanto, even if Lucibello had decided to honor the agreement.
Robreno said he was concerned about an "unwarranted disparity of sentencing" had Lucibello been sentenced to a little more than five years in the racketeering conspiracy case.
While the judge offered no further explanation, one interpretation is that Robreno, who has a reputation for meting out tough sentences, expects to level prison terms significantly greater than 63 months should the defendants be convicted.
"

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2012/04/philly-mobster-withdraws-from.html

According to this, I wouldnt count on the judge to follow the sentencing guidelines too closely...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.