My Dad was one of those who helped pull a guy from the ledge as he was trying to escape the shooting. He also helped subdue Harrington. He got a certificate which I have around here somewhere.

Quote:
Detroit — It will be 30 years ago Monday when Detroiter Robert Harrington, incensed over an insurance dispute, burst into a law office in the Buhl Building with a shotgun, pistol and jar of gasoline.
He shot to death Eve August, a promising 24-year-old law clerk intern, and his actions injured — some critically — 38 others in what came to be known as the "Buhl rampage."

Now, survivors and family members will gather three decades later in a private ceremony to remember the attack and celebrate August's life.

"Growing up, the world I knew always involved her," said her brother Lou, a 53-year-old Washington, D.C., resident. "She had such vivid qualities to her. She was incredibly kind and incredibly verbal. I never stood a chance against her in any argument whether I was right or wrong."

For August family members, the memorial promises to be cathartic. For others, it may be bittersweet.

"It's been 30 years of recovery. I see every day the effects it's had on my husband," said Vivian Hudson, whose husband, Lester, was a partner in the Bell and Hudson firm. He fell from an eighth-story window in the attack. He was critically injured with head injuries and never practiced law again.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120...ook-for-healing

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.