Very, very sad to hear this.

Like SC, "A Sound of Thunder" was the first short story by Ray Bradbury that I read. I think it was back in 1967. I still have it somewhere.

The late Signora V. (a very literary type in her own right) had three favorite authors: Jame Austen, Terry Pratchett and Ray Bradbury. She was able to meet the latter two. (It would have been very difficult to meet Jane Austen!)

Actually, there's an amusing story here - it was at a huge sci-fi convention back in the summer of 1993. I'll post the story a little later, when I have time. But, somewhere, I have a photo of the two of them.

A few years later, as an anniversary present, a good friend gave us front row tickets to a lecture he gave in NYC. A truly memorable evening.

We taped every episode of Ray Bradbury Theater when it aired, years ago, on the USA network. Excellent series, particularly when you consider that so many authors have their works "adapted" by studios and the final product ends up unrecognizable when compared to the original novel or short story.

I remember his story "I Sing The Body Electric" was adapted for the Twilight Zone series, then, years later, made into a TV special called "The Electric Grandmother."

Even after a crippling stroke, he continued to write. I understand he would dictate the stories to his daughter via telephone.

An amazing, talented, brilliant man.

R.I.P.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."