Here in Brooklyn, we're no strangers to this sort of stuff. The school mentioned in the article below is only five blocks from where I live. One of the television stations that reported this story also said the teacher in question supplied the boy with marijuana in addition to sex. Yes, high school certainly isn't what it used to be - and note the last line of the story! eek

Signor V.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A teacher at James Madison High School in Brooklyn has been arrested on rape charges, after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a student.

According to a Special Commissioner of Investigation report, English teacher Erin Sayar, 35, had sex with an 11th grader at least eight times last December.

Investigators were tipped off by a girl who had a crush on the alleged victim and read Facebook posts between the two.

Although the student initially denied any romance with Sayar, authorities obtained phone records that showed the couple had exchanged 19 telephone calls and 3,856 text messages in December 2011.

When confronted with the evidence, investigators said the victim admited to having sex with Sayar between 8 and a dozen occassions on the campus of James Madison High School and in her SUV.

Police arrested Sayar on Thursday and charged her on 8 counts, including rape, sexual misconduct and sex abuse.

Sayar is married with a 3-year-old daughter.

The school in Brooklyn is the same one where two females teachers were caught in a naked embrace in a classroom in 2009. They were fired.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."