Originally Posted By: JonahPerelman
That's the testimony I was talking about, all right. Nice work. I remember seeing it a while ago on Media Mayhem, but I'm not sure if it's there anymore.

I can't imagine who else it would be besides Stoneking. He knew Berne better than probably anyone. Is the whole interview online somewhere? Wasn't it in that same interview where Stoneking says that Trupiano is Chicago's boy?

I did get it from Media Mayhem - C.D. Stelzer is a great writer and reporter. I cannot recall if it was disclosed during one of the trials. None of the people that Stelzer alleged for association or corruption have sued him for libel or made public statements denying his allegations. I think that says a lot.

I have never heard that Tony Sansone or any of the Rallo's were "made" in the STL family, but the evidence of association is over whelming, especially Tony Sansone. I believe he has gone legit today, and that none of his kids are involved. Why would they? They are loaded and have legitimate businesses and social clout.

From what I understand, the STL family did not make a lot of guys for a number of reasons - rivalries (Giordano and Vitale, Trupiano and Parrino, STL LCN and the East Side and the Syrians), a larger share of any profits, and it is mid size city with limited rackets and opportunities. Under Giordano, most guys were not made until they were older, usually in their 40's and 50's, although there are exceptions.

Before the trials, the FBI leaked a lot of what StoneKing disclosed to Ronald Lawrence, who published it the Post Dispatch. There are stories that Trupiano was supported by both Detroit and Chicago.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.