I've always had more fun at the Lakewood BlueClaws (Single-A Phillies team) 15 minutes away than I ever had at a MLB game (slight exaggeration, but kinda true), for all the reasons mentioned. It's family-centric, not money-centric. $7 thru the gate (for General Admission, which I always get; more for a real seat) and also simply because it's around the corner. And now and then you get to see stars in the making: Ryan Howard, Cole Hammels, and others came thru here.

The food is okay, not great (they also have local eateries with booths, but that's hit or miss per season like anything else). Kids have a ball there, and $1 beers on "Thirsty Thursdays" is a lot of cheap fun (yes, I get a season pass for Thursdays lol) and we've made some good friends with the regulars. I usually go 10-12 times/season.

Granted, I don't always actually pay attention to the game itself wink

Apparently NJ has 6 pro baseball stadiums (2 MLB: Lakewood and Trenton's Yankees AA team), and I'm hoping to visit them all in the next year or two. (I've been to Trenton Thunder a couple times, but they were BoSox then, not yet Yankees). Along with Staten Island -- I consider that New Jersey East anyway... wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations