Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Last year, we got a local team. They're part of the CanAm League. The stadium is beautiful, brand new and state-of-the-art. The players are wonderfully friendly to the kids who attend, and they do lots of events for local charities. The parking is only $5 and the tickets are extremely reasonable. The food, however, not so good. That's OK, we'll just bring sandwiches next game.

We here on Long Island are lucky to have the Ducks. They have a nice little park and EXCELLENT food including these awesome sausages. Some years ago I went to a game with my friend, Lori, and we were sat in the Owner's Box. (right behind the dugout). I was happy to have my duck whistle (when you blow it, it quacks) and a beer and enjoying the batting practice. The game started and we started eating the food (mmmmm) and someone sits down in the booth with us. We were talking about the food and he suggested this and that and he seemed really interested in what we thought. Turns out an inning or two later I was thumbing through the program and I saw an interview with the team owner. It was the guy sitting next to us. We really were sitting in the owner's box! lol

I think they were trying new food items at the game and they gave us two fatsos a seat in the owner's box figuring they'd get free feedback on the food. lol