Originally Posted By: SC
The food at my local AA ballparks is far better than any I've had at any major league park.

That's a good point, SC. It's priced more reasonably. Minor league parks do a good job of highlighting some of the town's unique food items too. I find it more family friendly too. There are lots of on and off-field attractions between innings. For example, on Friday games a random fan wins a 40-inch flatscreen, HD TV every inning of the game. And on Thursday beer is only a dollar on the boardwalk that runs from one outfield pole to the other.

The games that I'm going to make a point going to this year have special attractions. "Monkey rodeo night," where chimps, dressed as cowboys, ride racing German shepherds all over the field; and "the Burning Man," whoignites himself completely in fire as he runs around all the bases.

Where else am I going to find entertainment like that?

My all-time favorite promotion was about 10 years ago on July 3 where cub scouts were allowed to camp in the outfield after the game that night with their families. My sons and I pitched our tent right behind second base, and with hundreds of others we watched "The Sandlot" on the big screen.

It was a pure moment of surreal beauty to wake up just after dawn on a baseball field on the Fourth of July.