Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
No offense but that St. Louis chart is one of the "BS" charts that have floated around the net. salviardi doesn't even come around the Real Deal anymore, probably because he knows his chart doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Little Al, who was one of the most knowledgeable posters on St. Louis, could only name 4 or 5 remaining members at most a few years ago - Anthony "Nino" Parrino, Joseph Cammarata, Frank Palazzolo, Fernando "Nondo" Bartolotta, and maybe Vincent Giordano.

No offense taken Ivy. I agree with you, it is inflated. I do know that St. Louis did not make guys until they were older, usually in their 50's. My uncle's name is on that list and he was never made.

At its peak, St. Louis was composed of 3 gangs, the LCN, the East Side Gang (controlled by Chicago and generally non Italian) and the Syrians (led at one time by Jimmy Michaels). They worked together in an uneasy coalition that disintegrated in fights over union control in the late 70's and early 80's.

I think a key point is the FBI numbers do not consider the non-Italian head counts associated with the other gangs (East Side & Syrians) and those under the protection of the LCN, such as my uncle. My uncle was not Italian, but I assure you, he was involved in criminal activity, mostly gambling and book making, his entire adult life.

I believe that LCN in St Louis is dead and dying. There are some guys still there, but I don't believe they do much, if anything, anymore.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.