Originally Posted By: Don Marco
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
We evolve, and so should the law.

Are you telling this to the same group that prefers creationism to evolution being taught in the schools?

That's the irony of the whole issue. Evolving? It shows the exact opposite: The decline of our society. I mean, the fact that we're even talking about gay marriage shows just how bad things have gotten. And the real kicker is people thinking it's a good thing. That it's progress. Truly, good has become evil and evil good. Black is now white, and white is now black.

Well, I expect this from the secular crowd who have eschewed religion. They don't know any better. That's the trap of ignorance. You don't know what you don't know. But to see self-professed religious people in favor of gay marriage is really disappointing. I mean, this isn't one of those grey issues that can be left to open interpretation. The scriptures are pretty dang clear. So all I see is people wanting their religion/church to change with the times. And, as Samuel Callan said, the church that weds itself to the culture of the day becomes a widow with each succeeding age.

As for the other topic, while I don't necessarily think creationism should be taught in schools, I don't think evolution should be taught as fact in schools either. It's like the "theory" in "theory of evolution" has somehow been forgotten and now people just take it as proven fact we descended from apes.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.