Originally Posted By: SC
So??? What is the verdict? How'd ya like the pizza?

Well, as I told my brother, it's "good".

Listen, I just love pizza, no matter what style it is. Even that crap I had in Chicago tongue lol wink

I was raised on, and still prefer, good ol' "New York-Style" pizza w/ more cheese than sauce. This is the opposite of that, but still pretty good. It wasn't too bready like some Sicilian style pizzas can get. The sauce was quite sweet, though; perhaps a tad too sweet for me. Probably the San Marzano tomatoes. The crust was really good, though. (Unlike some people, I actually enjoy the crust, crispier the better!)

But I got over the sauce issue after discovering the cheese was under the sauce. Just not enough cheese and a tad too much sauce. wink

The place is great, though. And the spumoni was doubly GREAT! The only other thing we tried was the calamari. Eh. I prefer Carrabba's. And I'm quite picky when it comes to that! It was still par or better, though.

Now I gotta try Lombardi's and see... wink

For the benefit of those not on Facebook:

And the spumoni that started the entire 70+ year business...

The place is popular, though! If you can find a parking spot like these fine folks...

Heading out I could swear I was in the middle of a movie set on 86th St

Afterwards it was back to Don Cardi's stomping grounds (where I felt safe) and visited a real Pastosa shop!

Pastosa makes tremendous stuffed pastas, and where I am they come frozen from Brooklyn. These fresh ones are even better, despite coming from Staten Island.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations