Last July, I posted a story and video in the Random Post Whoring thread on the beating death of a schizophrenic homeless man in Fullerton, CA (the city where I live). The beating itself was bad enough, but the fact that the beating was administered by our police department makes it that much more disturbing. Here's the link to the post for those interested:

Kelly Thomas Beating

One of the police officers in the case has been charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, and another has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and one count of excessive force. The judge hearing the case has decided the case will go to trial...due mostly to the surveillance video that recorded the whole incident. The DA has finally released the video, and it is honestly one of the most disturbing things I have ever witnessed...

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis