Originally Posted By: SC
I got my copy yesterday. I've read the jacket cover only and have already been disgusted by a "mistake" by Falco. The cover is reliving a discussion between Vito and Carmela about their eldest son. Vito says, "Sonny will be OK".

VITO NEVER CALLED HIS OLDEST SON, "SONNY". IT WAS ALWAYS, "SANTINO".

C'mon, Ed, if you're gonna write a book about the Corleones, you have to know this stuff!!!!

That's honestly unforgivable. Between that and the ridiculous Empire State Building anachronism on page one---PAGE ONE!!!!---this book is already competing with Alexandra Ripley's literary "sequel" to "Gone With the Wind." And that ain't a compliment.

It's very telling that Paramount made all that noise. They must have known that this book was a dog. Because if it's not, why would they try to stop it when they would still own the inevitable movie rights?

But I haven't started it yet. I have my copy sitting on the kitchen table and I'll start it either tonight or tomorrow. And if I'm wrong about it, I'll gladly man up and post a stellar review for poor Ed.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.